- Meet & greet upon arrival at the City port of tangier.
- Sightseeing tour of tangier
- Walking tour through the mysterious kasbah & medina.
- Discover the local culture and unique style of life on its own terms.
- Help unveil the mystery of tangier.
- Assistance in the port of Tangier
- English speaking local tour guide
- Entrance fees to museums
- All amenities that are not mentioned on the itinerary
- Guide tips
- Lunch in a traditional Moroccan restaurant
- Discounted round trip ferry tickets from Tarifa
This tour is designed specifically for visitors who wish to focus and spend more time in the old town rather than in the modern city called “Ville Nouvelle”. If necessary and upon request, i can provide transportation just for the transfer from the port or any other location to the Kasbah which is the starting point, and Tangier’s heart and soul: an imposing medieval fortress overlooking the Medina and the whole city. That will allow you to take the easiest and most interesting itinerary across the old town.
The walking tour of Tangier will cover many interesting attractions including the visit to the Anglo Saxon church of St Andrew, the market at the Gran Socco, the narrow alleys of the old city, the Petit Socco and the Mendoubia.
You will also visit the Kasbah (15th century fortification) that is dramatically perched uphill overlooking the Mediterranean, Spain, Gibraltar and offering a superb view of the medina (old city). Visit the 17th century Sultan’s palace that has been transformed into a museum offering a vast collection of fascinating antiquities including Roman remains. From Bab Bhar (the gate into the sea), you can see the terrace overlooking the straits of Gibraltar, continue down through the labyrinth streets and alleyways of the medina following the Matisse Route (which will take us through major points of interest related to the prominent artist Henry Matisse).